When Your College Child Comes Home for a Visit
After attending summer school at the university, my son was able to come home for a few days to visit us and his friends. I continue to be impressed with the impact that college and living independently has had on my son. Some outcomes include:
- My son is growing up and learning how to become a member of a larger community.
- He is very grateful in how we raised him.
- EJ is learning how to give back to others.
- His living situation is very healthy and supportive.
- EJ is living in a school sponsored co-op housing with older students. This provides him with an expanded support system of mentors.
- Each co-op member must contribute to the upkeep of the house. My son is learning new house management skills.