Coronavirus: Expanding Our Shopping Options
We continue to adjust to a new normal as California slowly returns to more contact with our families, neighbors, and local businesses. Some of the changes impacting family members include:
- Stores are becoming more mobile. We are learning how to interact with retailers in new ways through curbside services, more online purchases, and home deliveries.
- As this mobility increases, drug stores will expand curbside services.
- Online purchases will become more cost effective as staffing is secured for added customer services that support bundling deliveries.
- Schools will adjust their fall programs through staggered class schedules to maintain social distancing protocols.
- Sporting events will be modified to ensure safety for players and possibly limited spectators.
- Communities will struggle on how to teach and train small groups to use face masks when in public.
- Child care services will need to be adjusted to smaller groups.
- And the overall emotional and social health of a society must continue to be monitored to ensure the healthy development of all.