Building Resiliency Skills for Kids
This past year our students have been learning remotely in Goggle classrooms. Each morning, our second graders spend an hour focusing on their social-emotional needs. Our school has adopted the FranklinCovey’s K-12 Leader in Me (see www.TheLeaderInMe.org) curriculum so support students’ personal growth based on Stephen R. Covey’s The Leader in Me book. The seven habits that we focus on with a variety of reflective activities include:
- Be proactive by taking responsibility for personal choices and behaviors.
- Begin with the end in mind by setting goals.
- Put first things first by achieving the most important things first.
- Think win-win so that everyone can win.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood by learning to listen first and talk second.
- Synergize by having folks work together to achieve a better solution.
- Sharpen the saw to achieve balance in life.