Preparing Our Elementary Kids Return to School
It has been a year since many children in California and nationally have returned to a traditionally classroom since the COVID 19 pandemic. Many smaller elementary schools and school districts have successfully reopened their schools to students while enforcing clearly defined health and safety procedures.
Safe COVID Practices
Summarized below are best practices these schools use to ensure that their students are safe at school:
- The school continues to share with families what the staff has done to ensure safe learning for students. Classroom teachers and the school’s administrative staff provide regular updates.
- Students sit in socially distanced desks in classrooms.
- They wear masks at school.
- Students bring their own food and socially distance from others when eating lunch and snacks.
- They bring their own hand sanitizer or soap for regular handwashing.
- Many schools test students every two weeks to ensure they do not have COVID 19.
- Most students continue attending school online two to three times a week as part of a hybrid learning model to limit the number of students at a school site each day.