Tips for Managing Holiday Stress
It is that busy time of year! All of us struggle with maintaining a sense of balance and calm in our daily lives. During this time of year, I struggle with juggling a demanding work schedule and maintaining my serenity with more demands for childcare and holiday celebrations.
Parents have suggested the following strategies to manage their holiday stress:
- Live your life one day at a time and relish the beauty of each day.
- Give yourself a five-minute respite in the morning with stretching, deep breathing, meditation, and gratitude affirmations.
- Read a daily inspirational thought.
- Make an achievable plan for the day. Eliminate or adjust activities as needed.
- Exercise daily and get outside for added recreation.
- Find 30 minutes each day for yourself to relax and reflect.
- Play with your children and be a child.
- Bake cookies, make holiday decorations, and play in the rain or snow with your kids.
- Bundle your children for a car ride at night. Look at the holiday decorations and lights.
- Snuggle with your kids, read a story, and drink warm milk before bed.
Happy wintery fun!