GenParenting.com Celebrates Preschool Families with a Book Bundle Offer!
GenParenting.com celebrates preschool families of twins and different cultures with a Book Bundle Offer sponsored by East West Discovery Press through June 30, 2017. You can purchase the following six book titles at a book bundle discount by contacting East West Discovery Press at 310-545-3730 or by email at email@example.com by the end of June:
- Yikes! Brandon Has Twin Sisters by Mary Ann Burke
- Yikes! Brandon and His Twin Sisters Play at the Park by Mary Ann Burke
- Yikes! Brandon and His Twin Sisters Go to School by Mary Ann Burke
- I Am Hapa by Crystal Smith in trilingual English, Spanish, and Chinese
- Daddy! My Favorite Guy by Icy Smith and Crystal Smith in bilingual English and Spanish
- My Ducky Buddy by Michael Smith in bilingual English and Spanish
These six books celebrate family life through real life stories of how families adjust to various family structures, cultures, and everyday life. The Yikes! Brandon and His Twin Sisters book series focuses on how Brandon adjusts to having twin sisters during their infant and toddler years. Brandon learns that twins are double the fun. Twins can also be challenging when they work together to outwit their family with their playful antics.
I Am Hapa encourages children to look within themselves and appreciate the various ethnicities that make each person special. The preschool book is written in English, Spanish, and Chinese. It celebrates the diversity of cultures in our communities and schools with delightful photos of multiracial children and their families.
Daddy! My Favorite Guy explores the unique relationship preschoolers share with their dads. Dad’s unconditional love is highlighted in the caring way he cooks, cleans, reads, and plays with his children.
My Ducky Buddy captures an enduring story of friendship between a boy and his duck. The concept of sink and float are humorously described when the boy imaginatively plays with Ducky Buddy.
Family Book Activities
- Write a note to Brandon about your adventures with twin siblings.
- Collect nature items from your trip to a park and make a collage with your family.
- Describe five favorite activities that you have shared with your family at preschool.
- Draw a picture and tell a story about a favorite activity you share with your dad.
- Describe a family custom you share with your relatives from another country.
- Who is your best buddy for nighttime cuddles? What games do you play with this buddy?
If you have a parent or school group that would like to schedule a workshop on parenting or developing your students’ academic skills through play, contact us at hello@GenParenting.com. We can design and customize training workshops for you using these books, games, toys, and teaching aids.
The GenParenting Bloggers
Copyright (c) 2017 by GenParenting
Mary Ann Burke, Ed.D., Digital Education Expert, is a substitute distance learning teacher for Oak Grove School District in San Jose, California and the author of STUDENT-ENGAGED ASSESSMENT: Strategies to Empower All Learners (Rowman & Littlefield: 2020). Dr. Burke creates digital language arts and substitute teaching K – 12 activities for teachers and parents. She is the Cofounder of the Genparenting.com blog. Burke is the former Director II of Categorical & Special Projects for the Santa Clara County Office of Education that supports 31 school districts serving 272,321 students in Santa Clara County. She is also a previous Director – State & Federal Compliance for Oakland Unified School District, the former Director – Grantwriter for the Compton Unified School District, and was the initial VISTA Director for the Community Partnership Coalition in southern California. Much of her work focuses on creating innovative digital trainings and partnership programs for teachers and families to support students’ learning. These programs were featured as a best practice at a National Title I Conference, California’s Title I Conferences, AERA Conferences, an ASCD Conference, the NASSP Conference, and statewide educator conferences.