Wonderful Experiences with Dad Across the Miles
Although Kinji’s dad works in Japan, my grandson thinks his relationship with his father is quite normal when he shares extended time with his father in the United States or in Japan. Between visits, their close relationship is maintained through regular FaceTime phone calls throughout the week. Ongoing phone conversations focus on:
- Their daily life activities and Kinji’s new Lego creations
- My grandson’s exciting adventures at school
- Kenji’s participation in various afterschool programs including Karate and swimming
- Math discussions on prime numbers, multiplication, and how to identify number patterns
When Kinji’s dad comes to visit in the United States, my grandson lives with him for several days. Because they regularly talk on the phone, my grandson and his dad are able to continue their discussions about daily life while also sharing memorable activities including:
- Attending local football games
- Going to the movies
- Playing at parks
- Eating dinners at various restaurants
- Visiting with cousins and relatives
- Building new Lego kits
Kinji’s recent visit with his dad was limited because his father was in the process of moving to Thailand for a new work assignment. This relocation to a new country is exciting for Kenji because he will be able to explore another country and culture with his father during his future extended trips overseas.
May our grandchildren and children cherish their many cultural adventures with family members around the world!
Copyright © 2020 by GenParenting