How We Can Support Our Children’s School Success
At this time of year, we become overwhelmed with our children’s busy school schedules and the increasing demands for homework projects. For example, our children must complete research writing assignments, complex math problems, and science fair projects. Summarized below are ten effective strategies for helping you balance your children’s daily lives:
- Teach your children how to be responsible.
- Nurture independence.
- Model resilience and conflict resolution.
- Guide your children’s spiritual and moral development.
- Schedule physical fitness and enrichment activities.
- Encourage healthy eating habits.
- Manage allowances.
- Support career exploration.
- Organize family activities, play dates, sporting events, and vacations.
- Convene family meetings.
Parents can also volunteer at the school to learn more about how they can support your children’s learning. You can become a student advocate when partnering with your child’s classmates and through various outreach and fundraising activities for the school.
Happy academic growth!
Copyright © 2019 by GenParenting