Online Social Activities for Teens
Students returned to school remotely in August. Since their return, our primary focus has been to ensure that all of our students are socially and emotionally ready to learn each day. Our elected student leaders meet afterschool to create creatively engaging activities for students throughout the school year.
Fun Weekly Activities
Our high school has offered wacky and fun weekly activities that include the following:
- Mindful Mondays provide a focus on self-care with calming techniques and activities.
- Shout Out Wednesdays highlight successes and achievements of teachers and students.
- Throwback Thursdays showcases students’ favorite baby pictures.
- Kahoot! Scavenger hunts include having students determine which teacher participated in a specific activity. For example, one school leader used to hop on trains when she was a kid with her brothers. Another was a passenger in a performance race at the Laguna Seca Raceway.
- The K-pop Fan Club is offered at noon on Wednesdays to learn about K-pop fandom, groups, soloists, and various music genres.
- The exercise club ensures students maintain a balanced physical fitness program.
- The 2020 senior year boot camp ensures students are prepared for college and career options.
- Art classes are provided through a career technology pathway. Participating students can also test and receive a completion pathway certificate from Mission College.
- Spirit week was offered in early September. It included Mindful Monday. Binge Week Wednesday highlighted images of students’ favorite binge watched shows. TikTok Thursday showed students’ videos of their best trickshot, magic trick, or dance move. Flashback Friday displayed students’ favorite childhood photos.
These diverse activities build the school’s student engagement culture and provide the system of care that ensures success for all of our students.
Much success as you support your children’s school communities!
Copyright © 2020 by GenParenting