What Should You Consider When Selecting Your Child’s Preschool?
Each spring, parents struggle when making a decision about selecting the appropriate learning environment for their preschool child. Important considerations should include the following:
- What type of learning environment supports your child?
- Does the school provide both academic and play centered learning activities?
- Is the school day structured to meet your child’s needs?
- Does the school provide for outside activities, free play, arts exploration, and creative expression?
- Does the school’s curriculum accommodate a variety of learning modes?
- Should you register for a school that requires parent participation?
- Is the school accessible from your home and work place?
- How much can you afford to spend on a preschool program?
- Does the school provide flexible extended care hours beyond the regular school day?
- Do the students represent the demographics of your community?