Celebrating Your Child’s High School Rite of Passage!
I vividly reminder when my precious son turned one year of age. We celebrated with a delightful family birthday party that included a committed family and friends’ rite of passage. Our rite of passage included:
- Asking all to become part of a village of support as guardians and godparents in our son’s journey to adulthood
- Standing in a circle and having all explain how they would support my son’s emotional and social growth
- Offering words of encouragement on how they would support their newly adopted godson as aunties and uncles
- Envisioning how our son would mature into young adulthood
- Providing a prayer of thanks to all for being part of our extended family in our son’s village